Super 5 in 1 Reflector
The SUPER 5 in 1 REFLECTOR Kit is a super-sized 3-screen set with 4 reflective surfaces (gold, silver, gold/silver zigzag and white) and a separate super-sized diffuser. Reflectors like these are an integral part of video and film production because they have so many uses -- with or without additional lighting, inside the studio or on location. Their large size makes them even more indispensable, broadening their use for larger lighting areas and situations where your talent needs to move around a bit more or where you need to move the camera away from the subject more.
This added flexibility does not come at the cost of portability however, since these lightweight screens fold up to 1/5 their original size and each screen comes in it's own lightweight easy-carry bag.
The Digital Juice Super 5-in-1 Reflector Kit provides four reflective surfaces on two double-sided screens) and one diffuser in three easy-access lightweight zippered carry bags -- Gold, Gold/Silver, Silver, White and Translucent Nylon.
- Completely collapsible to almost 1/5th the open size of nearly 5' x 7' for easy storage and portability
- Heavy gauge, double riveted, spring steel frame allows the large screens to stay rigid when open but also makes them flexible enough to fold into a compact size
- Hand-sewn, perfect fit fabric with high heat resistance. High quality craftsmanship, materials and fabrics.
- 8 velcro straps on each screen allow positioning and securing to a wide variety of stands and objects.
- The super size of these reflectors allows for larger areas to be lit with just a reflector when on location outdoors, negating the ned for a lighting kit. The gold Super Reflector warms skin tones, giving the effect of sunset lighting in the middle of the day.
4 Reflective Surfaces + 1 Translucent Diffuser
- Dimensions (Open):
4.83'x6.5' (58"x78") / 147.3cmx198.1cm
Super 5-in 1 Screens: Double-riveted spring steel frame, 8 velcro straps per screen, translucent nylon diffuser fabric, double-sided reflective metal foil and soft white fabrics
In a production environment how are reflectors generally used?
Reflectors are used by film, video and still photographers to redirect or "bounce" light into an area where additional light is needed. They provide a quick solution for contouring exposure on your subjects by "filling" in areas of unwanted shadow, or by providing a secondary source of reflected light. Reflected light can be softer by nature, offering more flattering results on subjects such as the human face or body.
Who needs a Reflector?
If you're involved in the production of video, film, or photography at any level you need reflectors of some kind. Lighting is as much about problem solving as it is about aesthetics. With the Super 5-in-1 kit you get a portable set of reflectors that can solve any lighting issue in studio or on location so you get the look you want.
What problems can be solved with a reflector?
There are an infinite number of lighting issues and problems that can be overcome with a reflector. Three typical lighting problems that can be solved with a Super 5-in-1 Reflector are:
- When you need more lights but you don't have any.
- When you need to shape or modify the nature of the light to create a more diffused, softer, less harsh and more pleasing look.
- When you need to modify the color temperature to create a warmer or cooler effect.
What are the advantages of the large size of the Super 5-in-1 Reflectors?
Larger reflectors produce more even coverage over a broader area. This helps when lighting full body shots or large subjects such as groups of people and automobiles. It also allows for more freedom of movement for your talent.
Why do I need FIVE different bounce surfaces?
Different bounce surfaces help you to control the characteristics and qualities of reflected light to create your art, allowing you to fine tune the color, luminance, hardness/softness, contrast and direction.
Whether you use the Super 5-in-1 Reflectors in the studio or on location, their large size will make your work area more flexible and productive. Your talent will be able to move around more freely without worrying about moving out of the reflector's light bounce area.
In more static situations they should also feel less claustrophobic since the reflector can sit further back. You may also have more camera jockeying room, without worrying about knocking a stand over.