The COLOR RULES plug-in for Adobe After Effects is designed to drastically cut down the time required to experiment and define the perfect color scheme for your motion graphics projects. The Color Rules plug-in works with multiple layers and compositions at the same time and, while it functions a bit differently from other standard Adobe After Effects plug-ins, it is still very easy to use. The plug-in gives you instant access to over 500 preset Color Swatch Sets to help you get started or you can jump right in to create your own.
Color Rules is the first plug-in of its kind for After Effects. With it you can create an infinite number of editable, saveable color schemes or color swatch sets inside of your After Effects projects and apply them to multiple layers instantly. The plug-in uses an intuitive interactive Color Wheel for color selection and guides you in choosing your color scheme based on a series of established principles of color theory and color relationships.
Each project you work on will require a different range of colors and a different set of "rules" these colors are chosen by. By choosing color schemes using the linking relationships or rules available for you on the Color Rules Color Wheel, you can take the guesswork out of finding colors that work well together. The color swatches you apply to your project layers are linked in specific ways, following the principles and relationships you choose. Of course you can always make your own rules by working with a Custom Color Wheel palette. You can also choose to use several different color schemes at once in any project.
Features- Just the facts
Benefits- What it means to you
- Unique, first of its kind plug-in for Adobe After Effects
- Increase productivity by taking advantage of a brand new tool no one else has had access to before now
- Create infinite color schemes for multiple layers and compositions instantly in your Adobe After Effect projects
- Make your color decision making infinitely easier when customizing a ready2go template or starting your own projects from scratch
- Interactive Color Wheel
- You get instant and constant feedback when selecting and tweaking a color scheme for your project using a familiar tool paradigm to choose colors you can preview instantly in your composition
- Access to more than 500 preset Color Schemes
- You can get up and running instantly by choosing from a variety of Swatch Sets that have been carefully created and chosen by our in-house Color Rules expert
- Native 16bit per channel support
- Color Rules plug-in supports the standard 8bit per channel and 16bit per channel deep color support which means that you get higher-quality output
- Faster 64-bit processing
- Take advantage of the latest technology to streamline your workflow and get instant feedback when applying and previewing your color choices in your project.
- Adobe After Effects CS 4 and above
- XP Professional SP2 / Vista / Windows7
- Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon XP
- Min of 1 GB system memory
- OS X 10.5+ (Leopard and above)
- Intel Processors
- Min of 1 GB system memory
Step-by-Step Guide to Color Rules
Download Manual | 4.58 MB
COLOR WHEEL TABS6 Different Color "Rules" or Customize Your Own
COLOR RULES FXThe master effect control window for Color Rules
Color Rules FXThis effect gets applied and is controlled by the Color Rules FX Controller. Any changes made in the FX Controller are dynamically updated on all the layers that have FX applied.
PRESETSHundreds of preset Swatch Sets are provided or create your own
PresetsClicking on any of the Swatch Sets in the Library Browser allows you to preview the scheme in your composition and on the Color Wheel.
Bake EffectsWhen you need to share or move your project without Color Rules
Bake EffectsThis feature will save a copy of the project in which all instances of the Color Rules effect applied in the project are replaced with standard After Effects plug-in effects.
Is there a demo version of Color Rules?
Unfortunately the nature of this plugin is such that at this time there is no way of giving a demo version without inadvertently giving some of the main functionality away.
Do you support Adobe Kuler color palettes?
Due to Adobe's restrictions on use of Kuler palettes we do not support this at this time. It is however, possible to use Kuler for inspiration and get the same or similar palette in Color Rules within a few seconds.
Do ready2go Projects work automatically with Color Rules?
For now you'll have to add the Color Rules effect to your ready2go layers. We are in the process however, of going back and doing this for our users. Expect to see Color Rules compatibility as a standard feature of future volumes of Ready2Go.
Will this work in Adobe After Effects CS5.5?
While there is a chance we will issue a small free update once CS5.5 is released we do not anticipate the need for this.
How many network render licenses come with my purchase of Color Rules?
You can put the render version of Color Rules on an unlimited number of render machines.
Is there a way to make the Color Rules effect convert to a standard After Effects effect?
Yes. At anytime you can use the "Bake" command to convert the Color Rules effects into standard AE effects.
Is there a Motion version of this plug-in?
We are looking at porting this plug-in to Apple Motion, along with other host applications, in the future.