Digital Juice continues adding variety to the Motion Designer's Silhouettes line with Motion Designer's Silhouettes: Construction. This useful new downloadable library of crisp, clean live-action clips brings you an array of male actors performing various types of construction work, in different poses and using a variety of common gestures. These graphic silhouettes are delivered to you matted and ready to use so that you can easily breathe life into your next production or tell a story with fluid motion and graphic boldness. These live-action clips will help you build up the realism and impact in your projects by giving you the best of both worlds - the fluidity of real life and the sharp graphic symbolism of an animated silhouette -- all in a drag-and-drop element that even a novice motion designer will find easy to integrate into any project. Express a thought, evoke an emotion, or convey an idea without adding the complexity of an actor's features or clothing to detract from the simplicity of your message.
Captured live in the Digital Juice green screen studio on a RED ONE at high resolution, these clips were shot under very controlled conditions, specifically for the purpose of making Silhouettes. Each clip was then meticulously hand-rotoscoped and keyed to achieve the highest quality possible results from the high-resolution source material.
Features- Just the facts
Benefits- What it means to you
- 32 ready-to-use pre-masked Quicktime Silhouettes clips
- You get a variety of live-action clips, all with the ease of a drag-and-drop motion design element.
- Shot on a green screen using a wide variety of actors and props under controlled conditions
- You get the fluidity of live action and realistic human motion without the complexity of color or specific facial expressions or clothing styles.
- Footage captured at high resolution using a RED ONE camera
- You get the highest possible professional quality clips with sharp definition and fluid motion.
- Meticulously hand-rotoscoped and carefully keyed silhouettes
- High resolution elements with crisp, clean mattes give you a professional edge for even the simplest of projects.
- Three resolutions provided for each clip: Low, Medium and High
- You get even more drag-and-drop simplicity for any type project, whether for an HD commercial or a splash screen ad for the web. We've done the work for you in scaling these clips down, ensuring along the way that the edges and details in each clip stay clean and crisp.
- Instant Download (4.58 GB)
- 32 Ready-to-Use QuickTime Clips
- Includes 3 Resolutions
- Up to 3000 pixels
- Up to 1500 pixels
- Up to 500 pixels
- Clean & Crisp Mattes
- Compatible with all non-linear editing tools
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac
- Visual Index PDF available below
Can I slow down the speed of the clips?
Yes, you can. We shot each clip at 60 frames per second, which allows you to slow down the speed of the footage to as much as half the initial speed without losing out on quality.
How do I make the Silhouette show through over my background?
Import any texture, or create a solid color of your choice, into the timeline and then set the Silhouette clip as a travel matte to the texture/solid. Now simply add the background of your choice as the lowest track in the timeline.
Why is each clip provided in three different resolutions?
All projects do not need high-resolution footage. For example on SD-based projects, you can get the job done with Medium resolution, so you can complete your work faster than if you used full high-resolution footage. However, if you are working with HD projects, the high-resolution version of the footage should be your preferred choice. To help you work faster we have included the low-resolution versions of the files to use as proxies. This helps you get faster previews, especially when designing complex projects.
Do I have to own After Effects to use this product?
Not really. Silhouettes are delivered as ready-to-use drag-and-drop Quicktime .MOV files which can be used with all popular non-linear editing software.