Digital Juice Follow Focus PRO
The Digital Juice Matte Box PRO is the perfect addition to your DLSR camera rig for productions big and small. It can help you control light spill and lens flares when using the matte box in combination with the adjustable top and side flags. These flags can be easily angled, added, removed and locked into position, giving you complete control over how much light you allow into your lens. Along with the all-metal matte box, this kit also has two different filter stages which can be rotated 360 degrees, independently from the box. These allow the use of 4x4" and 4x5.65" professional filters that can be easily interchanged and rotated for different looks.
The swing-away capability of the DJ Matte Box PRO system allows you to access your lens without removing the entire matte box assembly from your rails. To prevent light leaks from behind the matte box, this kit also includes rubber lens surrounds in four different sizes to accommodate different lens diameters.
Features- Just the facts
Benefits- What it means to you
- Adjustable, detachable aluminum top & side flags
- Easily angled, added, removed and locked into position, these flags give you complete control over how much light you allow into your lens, while controlling flares and light spill when needed.
- Precision engineered swing-away mechanism
- Access to your lens without removing the entire matte box assembly from your rails so you can make quicker lens changes
- 4 neoprene donuts to fit lenses of varying diameters (diameter of openings: 51mm, 64mm, 76mm, 102mm)
- You can control light leaks from behind the camera and matte box, no matter what size lens you use.
- Compatible with 15mm rail lightweight support systems as well as all sizes and styles of lenses
- Industry standard sizing means you can use your matte box on a wide variety of camera rigs and rail systems.
- Two dual-purpose 360-degree rotating filter trays for dual stage filtering
- These allow the use of both 4x4" and 4x5.65" professional filters that can be easily interchanged and rotated 360 degrees independently from one another and from the matte box for different looks.
- Separate knobs for locking the filter tray into the matte box and for rotating it within the box's filter stages
- You can easily rotate a filter tray without worrying that it will come loose from the matte box and fall out.
- Metal filter trays with spring-loaded filter locks
- Solid support for your filters when in use; easy install and removal when you need to swap filters
- Heavy-duty machined aluminum and high grade ABS construction
- Quality non-wearing plastic and metal components mean you can count on using your matte box for years to come, even when you need to take it on location.
The swing-away capability of the DJ Matte Box PRO system allows you to access your lens without removing the entire matte box assembly from your rails. To gain access to your lens, lift the blue spring-loaded knob on the top of the matte box swing-away hinge and swing the matte box out and away from your lens. When the matte box is fully open, release the knob. This will lock the matte box open and keep it from swinging.
Adjustable, detachable aluminum top and side flags can be easily angled, added, removed and locked into position. These flags give you complete control over how much light you allow into your lens, while controlling flares and light spill when needed. Each flag has a tab with screw slots. Loosen the blue thumbscrews, slip the flag's tab under the screw heads, then tighten the thumbscrews down.
To adjust flags, loosen the flag hinge by turning the black hinge tension knob counterclockwise. Adjust flag to the desired position and re-tighten the knob to lock the flag in place.
The side wing flags can be adjusted for full or partial coverage by loosening the blue thumbscrew on the side of the flag and moving the hinged triangle until it gives the coverage needed, then locking it in place with the thumbscrew once more.
The matte box also has a fourth bottom hinge in case you want to add a flag to block light coming from below the camera lens.
Four neoprene donuts fit lenses of varying diameters and help you control light leaks from behind the camera and matte box. To install a donut, fit it into the back slot on the circular end of the matte box unit so that it fits snugly around your lens.
The DJ Matte Box PRO is compatible with any 15mm-rail lightweight camera rig. To install the matte box onto your rail system and to adjust its position relative to your lens, first loosen the blue thumbscrew handle located on the bottom of the matte box's 15mm rail adaptor, then slide the matte box to the desired position and tighten the thumbscrew.
For minor adjustments, you can loosen the other blue thumbscrew handle located on the side of the 15mm rail adaptor (near the swing away hinge) and slide the matte box backward or forward on the short 15mm rails attached to the hinge.
To adjust the height of the matte box, loosen the two black thumbscrews which attach the matte box to the swing away hinge, raise or lower the matte box to your desired position and then re-tighten the black thumbscrews to lock the matte box in place.
The 2 dual-purpose 360-degree rotating filter trays included with your matte box allow the use of both 4x4" and 4x5.65" professional filters that can be easily interchanged and rotated for different looks.
To insert a filter, grip the filter holder tab and loosen the blue thumbscrew on the side of the filter stage, then lift the filter holder free from the matte box. Place the filter into the holder by pulling back on the spring loaded clamp attached to the filter holder tab. Release the spring-loaded clamp to secure the filter in place.
To rotate the filter, loosen the black thumbscrew on the side of the filter stage. Rotate the filter stage to the desired position then re-tighten the black thumbscrew.
Whether you mount your camera rig to a tripod or use it as a shoulder rig, the DJ Matte Box PRO is an easy lightweight addition to your setup. It can help you control the light hitting your camera lens in a variety of settings and lighting setups.
- Lens Fit and Mount: Universal with 4 neoprene donuts
- Camera Rig Support: 15mm rod
- Filter Type: 4x4", 4x5.65"
- 360° Rotating Filter Stages: 2
- Materials: Heavy duty machined aluminum, high-grade ABS
- Weight :Matte Box PRO with rubber donuts and flags: 4.4 lbs/2kg, 4 rubber donuts: .6 lbs/.27kg, 3 flags: .8 lbs/.36kg