Occasionally, the Juicer will fail to install the preview files, even though your computer has no trouble reading the disc. There are specific solutions for some "known issues" (e.g., Juice Drops, Jump Backs v33): please follow the much simpler solutions detailed in other topics in those those situations.
To perform a manual installation of previews into the Juicer 2:
1. In "My Computer" open up the disc. Right-click the \Juicer\ folder and select Copy.
2. Browse to the
3. Rename the folder so that it is identical to the name of the disc (e.g., JB_V20D01D).
4. Go back out of the \catalog\ folder to the "Juicer 2" folder and browse to the \catalog_install\ folder.
5. Copy and paste the XML document of the same name as the product disc (e.g., JB_V20D01D) into the \catalog\ folder.
6. Restart the Juicer2 and verify the product is installed.
1. Open the product disc and copy the contents of the /Juicer/ folder.
2. In the Finder, control click the Juicer installation and select "Show Package Contents."
3. Browse to the /Contents/Mac OS Classic/catalog/ folder.
4. Paste the /Juicer/ folder from the DVD into the /catalog/ folder, and rename it so that the name is identical to the name of the disc (e.g., JB_V20D01D).
5. Browse to the /Contents/Mac OS Classic/catalog_install/ folder.
6. Copy the XML index file of the same name (e.g., JB_V20D01D) and put it in the /catalog/ folder.
7. Restart the Juicer and verify the product is installed.